Monday, July 26, 2010

Right now, I hate my query letter

Maybe because it's a new thing for me, but I don't like my query letter this week. It might be because I've received several, okay six, rejections in the past week. It's easier to blame my query letter than my novel.

Maybe it's because writing a query letter is new for me, and difficult. I am trying to be realistic about all this, but I thought I was done after I finished writing my novel. I did not think I would have to write something difficult after my novel, and I didn't know the query letter would be so important.

I am sure that every writer in my shoes wants an agent or two to read some part or all of our books. To hell with the query, my novel is good. Please just read it and you will love it. Right?

Still, I can be patient, and I'll keep thinking about my query. I'l work on it and make it better; I might change my title again; I'll learn s much as I can about agents and what other writers did to get published.

I do know that success does not come easy, and I am willing to work. I remember when I was in college and my Dad gave me a sign that said: "Success comes to him who waiteth, if he worketh his ass off while he waiteth."

I'm willing to wait, and I think I'm going to start my second novel soon. I like the fact that it is rumbling around inside my head, and telling me to let it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment